These pancakes are sooooooo yummy that I just had to share them with you. I’ll admit that I’m the world’s worst pancake flipper, but making these frequently has totally stepped up my pancake flipping game. But really, it doesn’t matter what they look like, right? Just as long as they taste good. I used to make these with just raspberries, but I wanted to introduce some cacao to my diet (high in antioxidants!) and adding it to these pancakes just amped up the flavor.
Paleo Raspberry Cacao Pancakes (makes 4-5 medium sized, thin pancakes)
- 3 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- enough coconut milk to get it to your desired consistency (not too thick, not too thin)
- 1/2 Tbsp shredded coconut flakes
- cacao nibs (I added just a small handfull)
- pure grade B maple syrup
- Mix almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, coconut milk, shredded coconut flakes, and cacao nibs in a bowl and whisk together until you reach your desired consistency. Add more almond flour or coconut milk depending on how thick/thin you want it. I prefer a medium consistency as the pancakes flip better.
- Heat your griddle/pan on medium heat and spray with nonstick spray (do this before you pour every pancake)
- Once heated, pour enough batter to make a medium sized pancake in the griddle or pan. Let sit for a few seconds, and then add a few raspberries.
- Flip once bubbles form on the top of the pancake.
- Cook the other side for about a minute or until done.
- Repeat until your run out of batter.
- Top with maple syrup and enjoy!