If you follow me on Instagram, you know I attend CrossFit at my local box multiple times a week. I say multiple because it’s seriously a treat if I can make it three times. I aim for 3, but sadly some weeks only call for 2 depending on how my work and husband’s schedule look. This past week I made it 4 times and I felt like a freakin’ rockstar. This is just life at the current moment!
I thought I would share with you my favorite workout gear today. I’m not an intense CrossFitter by any means (because life gets in the way), but I’ve been doing it long enough that I feel I can tell you what works for me! I would consider myself intermediate status because I’m nowheres near being advanced (I can’t even RX workouts at this point..but I’m getting there!), but I’m also not a beginner. I’ve included some gear that’s useful for anyone with any type of workout, but also some CrossFit specific.
1. Lululemon pants: So I know there was some whole big controversy around these pants, but I seriously don’t care. They are the best pants I’ve ever worn and totally with the $80. And they make your butt look ROCKIN’. Seriously, ask my husband. All I hear when I wear these pants is, “your a** looks sooooo good.” Men. Typical! But I’ve had these pants for a few years now and you can’t even tell they’re as old as they are. They wash incredibly well, and don’t fade. If you don’t want to fork over the hefty amount yourself, ask for them for a Christmas gift. I PROMISE, they’re worth it!
Old Navy Active Compression Leggings: If you don’t want to spend $$$ on Lululemon’s, I would suggest these by Old Navy. I picked up a pair on sale last year, and I would defintely buy them again. Plus at only $30 (and less with a coupon code!) how can you go wrong?
2. Reebok CrossFit Nanos: These sneakers are specifically made for CrossFit and weighlifting, and I do notice a difference during WODs where lifts are involved. They aren’t my favorite for running soooooo,
3. Reebok ZQuick: These are my favorite sneakers ever. I love them for WODs that involve a good amount of running, and they’re incredibly light on my feet. I feel like they’re an all around great shoe.
4. Jumprope: Regardless of what workout you do, this jump rope is really great because you can adjust it to your height! I keep it in my gym bag at all times.
5. Wrist wraps: I recently purchased these from the recommendation of a friend at CrossFit to help with some wrist support. I bought them just in time too because I hurt my wrist somehow (not at CrossFit, either!) and I’ve been needing them depending on the lift in the WOD.
6. Sports Bras: I usually pick up my sports bras from TJMaxx because they’re cheap (like $12.99!) and fit well. Plus they always have fun colors, and I feel like the more colorful the better. But if you’re looking for some fancier ones, I love the VSX line at Victoria’s Secret!
7. WodLove Tanks: I love the fit of these tanks, and their phrases are so fun! If I’m not rocking a tank from here, then it’s usually from TJMaxx.
Happy lifting! 😉