This post might as well be called “Lauren is wearing this flannel for the third time” buuuuuuut hey that’s okay! 😉
In light of Thanksgiving being a day away, I thought I would share what I’m thankful for this year today. Lately there’s been so much negativity surrounding me that sometimes I forget what I’m grateful for. While I don’t think we should only use Thanksgiving as a day to be thankful, I thought today it would be appropriate 🙂
– My husband and son. They’re the light of my world (I use that phrase a lot, but it’s true!) I love my boys more than anything.
– My family. My family has been through hell the past month. But somehow we’ve all become closer, which is fantastic.
– The opportunities my job has brought around. I am beyond blessed that I’ll be dropping down to per diem work next week. This has been my ultimate goal and I’m finally achieving it. I can’t wait to spend more quality time with my little man (because that’s what matters right now). But I’m also thankful to even have a job because I know that is even a blessing.
– My friends. I have some pretty fantastic people in my life. People who let me get crappy sometimes and still love me just the way I am. People who openly accept my flaws. People who aren’t afraid to give me the smack in the face I need sometimes (because sometimes I reeeeeaaaallllyyyyy need that!) People who just love me. And ones who I love back so much.
– Unexpected friends. You guys, the internet is a wonderfully, creepy place. I can’t tell you how many women I’ve bonded with in ways that some of my “in real life” friends couldn’t understanding. Specifically, the ladies in my exclusive pumping online support group. Yes, I’m still in it even though I’m no longer pumping because those ladies are like my lifeline. I can’t explain it. love each and every one of them, and I feel like I have pieces of my heart spread out all over the world. And I’m also so thankful for the friends I’ve met through this blog. I never thought I would develop some of my closest friendships through here!
– My home. While we can’t wait to move to a bigger space, I feel grateful I can afford the roof over my head, and that it’s a really nice one too. I know this isn’t the case for everyone. I’m thankful I can provide a warm place for Landon to sleep at night.
– Food. I’m grateful I can afford food. It’s something I think all of us take for granted at times.
– My “me” time. I never realized just how much I value that until this year. I know I’ve talked about that multiple times here on the blog, but that’s because it’s crucial to my sanity!
– The opportunities that have come my way from this blog. Never in a million years did I think spilling my guts and sharing my passions on the internet would have given me the opportunities I’ve had this year. I’m so grateful for the brands I’ve partnered with and the wonderful business women I’ve met in the process!
– And last, YOU. I am so grateful for you, my readers. You are all so amazing! Your comments have kept me going even when I’ve debated if writing this blog is even worth it (we all have those moments). You’ve let me open up to you and have been such a support system to me, believe it or not! I am so thankful!!
I wish you all a very HAPPY Thanksgiving!