baby bump: adorable
Also, totally relate to everything you said! Wait until you have 2! Great photos though, what do you mean by “metering the camera” your pictures are always so great I’d love the tips:)
Navy Blue and Leopard June 30, 2015
Disclosure: Some items in this post were gifted for consideration. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Dress: c/o Wendy Bellissimo by Destination Maternity
Shoes: Michael Kors
Clutch: Clare V.
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington
Rings: Stella & Dot, Henri Bendel
So a lot of you have asked on my Facebook page if I have a personal photographer following me around. I take that as a huge compliment that our photography here has improved, but I can’t help but laugh because that seems so ridiculous to me! My husband takes all of my photos, but it’s really a combined effort (and a total shit show). It usually goes something like this:
– Husband comes home from work, I scramble to get ready for photos while husband entertains toddler.
– We all pack into the car after eating dinner.
– We drive around randomly as I look for a good spot with decent lighting (not too much sun, not too much shade, etc etc).
– We find a spot.
– We do a test shoot. Photos suck, we drive to the next spot.
– Next spot found, this one is better. Okay, we’ll make it work.
– Grab tripod, camera, toddler, and stroller. Toddler goes in stroller and we go to wherever the spot is.
– I meter the camera to get good lighting.
– Toddler is getting annoyed.
– Okay, finally have good settings, so we take some photos.
-Toddler is getting more annoyed.
– Okaaayyyyyy, let’s hurry this up. Take more photos, check camera, make just adjustments.
– Toddler is DONE.
– Wrap it up, make do with what we have, and head home.
Hotttttt messssssssss. But you know what? It’s okay. I’m not perfect, and therefore these photos will never be perfect. And I’m sure they will be even less perfect when baby #2 is here! 😉
Leave a Comment