1. Honest Diapers: I’m not sure what I love more about these diapers: that they’re eco-friendly and so well made that I have yet to have a blow out, or that they’re incredibly cute! I love seeing little skulls and anchors on his bum, and let’s face it..it makes the whole diaper changing experience way more fun. If you haven’t tried diapers from The Honest Company yet, I highly recommend you do their free trial! And if you use this link to sign up, you get $10 off your first month courtesy of moi. 😉 I can also tell you first hand that they hold in the messiest poops you’ve ever seen. Yup.
2. Solly Baby Wrap: Again, with the cuteness. I wanted a wrap to carry Landon around in on walks or whenever I just didn’t feel like using a stroller, but I didn’t want to feel like I was wearing a thick sweater. Enter Solly Baby. These light weight wraps don’t over-heat you or baby AND they’re cute. I bought this striped one and I looooove it. You may have seen some photos of my baby-wearing on Instagram!
3. Hyland’s Colic Tablets: Apparently new babies are super gassy. Like all the time. I wouldn’t call Landon “colicky” because he’s a really content little dude. But when he’s got gas pains, these homeopathic tabs are the only thing that help take it away quickly. They’re all natural, so I don’t feel like I’m shoving a bunch of medication down his throat. And they work almost immediately. I recommend this for ALL new moms.
4. AngelCare Monitor: While I love this monitor in particular, any monitor will do. I recently started moving Landon upstairs for his naps because he was waking up fairly easily with loud noises. I wanted him to adjust to being upstairs anyway because I eventually want him napping and sleeping in his nursery. This video monitor has been very helpful with this process, and I like being able to see if he’s awake. I do find myself looking at it a little excessively lately, but I would attribute that Landon’s poor napping habits this past week.
5. Summer Infant SwaddleMe: I know I talked about this last month, but these have really been great so I can’t help but stress how essential they are. When used correctly, they really prevent Landon from busting out and waking himself up. I’m still not good with swaddling a receiving blanket, so the SwaddleMe does the work for me. And let’s face it, anything that makes life a little easier is worth it, yes?
Do you have any “must-haves” for baby? If so, let me know in a comment. I’m always looking for suggestions!
AngelCare monitor baby essentials Honest diapers Hyland's Colic Tabs second month mom essentials Solly Baby Wrap Summer Infant SwaddleMe The Honest Company things you need for baby what to buy for baby